The Web site of the Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation and Archives (Cornell University) presents UNITE! And Its Predecessor Unions: A Selected Scholarly Bibliography compiled in February 2000 by Reference Archivist Patrizia Sione and two student assistants, Brian W. McCarthy and Tatjana Starkeova.
This is a selected bibliography of scholarly historical studies, books, articles, and dissertations. Excluded are contemporary commentaries and accounts, interviews, and works of fiction, such as novels, movies, and plays. Also excluded are documentaries and all non-textual media. The materials pertain to UNITE! and its predecessor unions:
- Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America (ACWA)
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers of America (ACTWA)
- International Ladies Garment Workers' Union (ILGWU)
- Textile Workers Union of America (TWUA)
- United Shoe Workers of America (USWA)
- United Hatters, Cap and Millinery Workers International Union (UHCMWIU)
Intended as an aid to research on the history of UNITE! and its predecessor unions, this listing is based on the bibliographical work conducted by the Research Department of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers of America in 1993. It will be updated regularly to include recent works. Students and scholars who are aware of omitted scholarly works are welcome to contact us and we will integrate suggestions into the bibliography.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: 6 March 2000