Workers Unity in a World Economy
Asylum, Migrants and Refugees
A one day conference organised by the London Socialist Historians Group
Institute of Historical Research, Senate House, Malet St, London WC1
Saturday May 12th 2001, 9:30am-4pm
- Panikos Panayi on "Migration in Post-War Europe"
- Steve Silver (Editor of Searchlight) on "Perspectives"
- Ian Birchall, "French CP, Migrant workers and anti-imperialism, 1920-24"
- Sarah Glynn, "East End Immigrants and the Battle for Housing"
- Gareth Dale, "The Postcolonial migrant"
- Sean Kelly, "A question of ways and means: The Cold War and Hungarian Immigration into Britain 1956-1957"
- Dan Gordon, "Immigrant workers and the events of May '68 in France"
- Kevin Myers, "True British hospitality? Perceptions of, and support for, Spanish refugee children in the Midlands, 1937-39"
Registration: GBP 310 (GBP35 unwaged).
Register in advance by sending a cheque made payable to "London Socialist Historians Group" to the LSHG, 3 Lavenham Court, Upper Richmond Rd, Putney, London SW15 2RF.
Those registering in advance will receive pre-circulated papers.
Nearest tubes to the Institute of Historical Research are Goodge St and Russell Square. For further information on the Conference contact Keith Flett on 020 8885 5276, email email@example.com, or see the London Socialist Historians web site at www.ch.u-net.com/lshg.
Posted: 18 April 2001